Giving a name to your pet pig is easy if you are aware of his personality and behaviour. They are very clever and quick learners. Pigs love to observe and learn new things. Just simple signs of Yes No, Up and Down are even easy to understand for them. Domestic pigs are very friendly and make a great companion with both adults and children. So they can learn their name quickly and it will be fun for them too.
Getting name ideas from cartoon characters, food, fellow animals or nature is the best idea. Here are some catchy names for all pig breeds.
Famous Pig Names
Didn’t you listen to this name from the ‘preschool animated series’’? Peppa is an anthropomorphic female pig who responds and behave in human manners. This name makes a background idea behind you.
Peppa loves to enjoy with her family friends in playgrounds, riding bikes, swimming and driving cars. She expresses all emotions like happiness, sadness, confusion and irritation. Peppa has different friends like parrots, ducks and tortoise in her friend’s circle.
A famous pig from ‘’Charlotte’s Web’’.Wilbur was an emotional Livestock pig. So the story behind is the character’’ Wilbur is a friend of Charlotte ( a barn spider) and when a farmer planned to slaughter him, his friend Charlotte praise Wilbur by writing some praising words.
Arnold from green acres who was part of a situation comedy on CBS. He has abilities to behave like humans and even his lifestyle resembles human behaviour. Arnold can play games, change tv channel, set antenna and enjoy riding. He carries his lunch box and makes random jokes with his fellows.
Khanzir is an Arabic word for Pig. The name ‘’khanzir’’ is famous in history due to the famous Chinese pig raised in Kabul zoo. According to stats, he is the only pig raised in Afghanistan.
King Neptune was a male pig used by US Navy Recruiter to raise money in Funds. He was born in West Frankfort and named ‘’Parker Neptune’’ on his father’s name initially. King Neptune was a red pig with a white face.
One of the major characters appeared in ‘’The Lion King’’ two times. Pumba was the best friend of the meerkat character named Timon. Pumba had a gas problem and left fellows due to embracing. His name derived from the African language where it stands for ‘’Silly’’,’’ foolish’’ and careless.
He was famous for his slogan or catchy line ‘’ “Th-th-th-that’s all folks!” .Porky Pig appeared in looney tunes, warner bros and Merrie Melodies.
If you want to read about farming and humour, touch ‘’doggie dog food is a perfect example. He born in a litter and has a strong relationship with his family.
Freddy the pig or ‘’Freddy’’ is the main character of a series of books written by Walter R brooks. He plays different characters like sometimes magician, newspaper distributor and pilot. Walter’s book is worth reading because he observed character and then wrote their behaviour with humour.
Miss piggy is a female pig that appeared in ‘’The muppet show’’.She has a very catchy personality as she uses french phrases in her language, plays Karate and enjoys all events. Looking at her life ‘’ her father died early and her mother was not kind to her. Miss Piggy had a relation with Kermit.
Doctor Dolittle talked and explained his behaviour with a piglet Gub Gub. This book titled Encyclopedia of food.
Male Pig Names
Looking for boy pig names? Giving badass names to your male pig is a common idea. That is an assumption about their personality and behaviour.
- Squealer – A fictional pig character from Animal farm ( a novel by George Orwell). Squealer described as a funny and fat character.
- Hamm – A supporting character in Toy Story Franchise
- Spider Pig – A Simpsons character
- Gryllus – A pig character from ‘’the Pig scrolls’’.Gryllus was an entertainer pig who enjoyed a lot with his owner during adventures and travelling.
- Max – A fat black pig from ‘’Pet of George Clooney’’
- Hercules – A depressed pig from The Moosepath league
- Jodie – A black pig from The Amityville horror
- Laster – A well-mannered pig from a poetry book
- Mercy Watson – Fictional pig from Mercy Watson series
- Toot & Puddle – A book series of characters
- Sir Oinks A Lot
- Piggy Boss
- Daddy Pig
- Maude – A pet pig owned by the ex-US president
- Positive Pig – A male pig from sweet pickles
- Sam Pig
- Snow Ball
Female Pig names
Female pigs are cute and definitely need cute girl pig names. Here are some cute naming ideas for sows.
- GG Bond – A female piglet from Chinese series
- Annie Sue – A cute girl pig from ‘’The muppet show’’
- Miss Piggy – A character from The Muppet show
- Koma – From Tomba series
- Pearl – Female Piglet appeared in The Gift Mazing Birthday. She is a pink pig with blue eyes
- Pansy Pig – A pig character from the game
- Percy Porker
- Piggy The Pig
- Petunia Pig – A girl pig character from famous looney tunes
- Ishii and Noshishi
- Pinky – Pinky or Pinky the Pigs Novel character
- The runt of the Litter
- Rosita – A female cartoon pig who loves to dance and sing
- Pepper Pig
- Porky Pig
- She Nom
- Ava Gabor
Funny pig Names
There is a perception about the behaviour of pigs that they are funny, dumb and cute.However, adding fun in their name will be more unique.
- Porky Boy Pig
- Uncle Pig – From children’s novel series
- Pig Pen
- Pig Hoof
- Loud Mouth
- Hoof Pollard
- Squiggly Flatwater – From American webcomic
- Spekkie Big
- Petty Pig
- Wonder Wart-Hog
- Also Opening
- Frank Furter
- Little Packer
- Fat Blaster
- Harry Porker
- Short Rib
- Handmade Piglet
- Toucan Sam
- Kissing George
- Banty Raids
- Zhu Bajie – Zhu Bajie is a fat pig character in the famous novel Journey to the west. he is very loyal to the hero and protects him in every situation. Zhu Bajie presented in many movies and animated characters.
- Hamton J Pig – A little funny pig from Warner bros who always wear a blue dress.Hamton is a male pig and totally different from his teacher porky pig who wears shirts and trousers. He is very honest and loyal who obey all rules and responds every time when called.
- Spanky Ham – A dumb, greedy and clever pig from Drawn Together. If you want fun, clever and dumb behaviour in the same name then consider ”Spanky Ham”
- Rupert Bear – Famous children comic character who also noted in express news
Baby Pig Names
Piglets look cute and when you can identify their gender, the next step is to name them. Here are some cute names for baby pigs.
- Pea spot
- Grunt and Punt
- Small Fry
- Cincinnati Dancing Pig
- Little Cory
- Pigby – From American Drama
- Piggley Winks
- Pinky and Perky
- Pad Pork
- Mini Meat
- Pigma Dengar
- Monokuro Pig – A toy pig by Japanese company
- Professor Chops – From Donkey Kong Returns
- Betty Lou
Pig Names based on the Personality
Do you observe your pig daily? They can be cute, badass, funny or dumb. Naming them based on their personality is a great idea.
Badass Pig Names
- King Hog
- King Piggy
- Pink Floyd
- Toucan Sam
Dumb Pig Names
- Billy Ray
- Dumb Nose
- Hoof Mind
- Rough Soul
- Dumb Litter
Clever Pig Names
- Robinson – A character from ”Little Pig Robinson”
- Babe – Babe from Babe the Gallant pig, Babe was the only pig on the farm
- Pigling Bland-Name was taken from The tale of Pigling bland where Pigling is an adventurous pig whose love story is more emotional
- Old Major – A white pig from the Novel ”Farm animals”
- Henry the Pig – Main character of Blackberry farm
- Olivia – A clever fiction pig from series
- Cerdotado – A fiction character pig who fights against injustice in Politics
- Orson Pig
- Peter Porker
- Salome – A pig from a classic comic strip. There is an interesting story behind this character as he kidnapped for breeding
- Spekky Pig
- Wonder Wart Hog
- Cornfed – Cornfed appeared as an assistant to solve crimes
- Mervis – Mervis is a pig character from Catdog
- Petal – Petal is the part of famous series where petal lives his life with other farm animals
How to name your Pig?
There are few myths common about pigs like they are dumb, dirty and hard learners.Actually pigs are more clever then dogs and even more clean than many pet animals. They keep their toilets and poop away from the feeding area.
According to science daily Pigs use grunts for communications and make special signs with them. Naming pigs is very easy if you know about their personality and behaviour, here are a few tricks that can help.
- Choose from Cartoon Character: There are a lot of pig characters that appeared in different cartoon series.
These pig characters will not only help you to pick a name but also their behaviour will be in your mind. Like Naming Peppa pig to your pet will increase your interest in the living behaviour of pigs. You can also pick a name from movies, poetry, fictional and non-fictional books.
- Choose from Trait: Picking a pet name from a trait is innovation. There is a myth that pigs are dumb so most of the owners love to pick dumb names for them. Badass and funny names are also perfect for pigs.
- Choose from Personality: Keep your pet for some time at home. Observe his behaviour and personality. That is a fact of nature that all animals are not the same in personality and learning.
- Choose from Gender: There should be a separate name selection for male, female and baby pig. Male names should be badass, tough and strong and female names are cute.
Teach your Pig its Name
Pigs are quick learners and can remember their name easily. They can learn their name when only two to three weeks old. Pigs even love to learn from objects with strong memories. Baby pigs learn things from their mother’s voice and respond like a human baby. Pigs are actual fun, they love to get messaged, listening to music and playing games.
- Keep them Calling: As mentioned, they are quick learners even baby pigs can learn their name within 2 weeks. Do not add or mix different nicknames. Like if you named your pig ‘’Samson’’ never call sam or samsu. Adding nicknames in the actual name will confuse them.
- Use Different Treats: Pigs are real food lovers who love to eat grapes, apples, onions, oranges and other treats. Keep these treats in a bowl and call them with their name to serve. Pigs will attract these treats and it will build trust.