We are slowly heading towards fall, which is considered the best time for fall hunting so it’s the need of the hour to get your hunting equipment ready. Or at least save money and research to get a better shotgun and choke tube for a lasting hunting experience. If you have struggled with the pattern and the accuracy last year, changing the choke tube would be fruitful.
Finding the best choke tube is even more difficult than placing an order for a shotgun. The carefully investigated choke tube would offer a better firing distance and help you achieve accuracy. Just so you do not quit hunting this year because of your poor performance, we are here for help.
In this post, we would be shortlisting a few best goose hunting choke tubes that are crafted to perfection. In the end, we will be rewarding our readers with a few tips that would help them in finding the perfect choke tube for their shotgun. So, let’s begin
Best Choke For Goose Hunting Reviews
- More coverage: PatternMaster 12 Gauge Code Goose Choke Tube
- Easy to use: Carlson’s 12 Gauge Waterfowl Choke Tube
- Affordable: Trulock Remington 12 Gauge Waterfowl Full Firearm Choke Tube
- Non-toxic: Kicks High 12 Gauge Waterfowl Choke Tube
- Improved: Browning 12 Gauge Goose Band Extended Choke Tube
1. PatternMaster 12ga Code Goose Choke Tube
PatternMaster master got most of the fame from its versatile non-constrictive choke tubes. The waterfowlers just have to select their manufacturer, model of the shotgun, choke tube category, check measurements, and place an order to get it delivered to their doorstep.
Material: This American-built Goose Choke Tube is manufactured from titanium-infused heavy-duty heat-treated stainless steel. The superior-grade heat-treated stainless steel makes it more deadly than all other Goose Choke ever made. It
Innovative short string: The most promising part of the Goose Choke Tube is the “innovative short string”, the short string is backed by a patented “stud ring” that supports and makes the short ring effective for the required purpose. The innovative short string rewards the hunter with more shots on the target all at once.
Models: The best part of this PatternMaster deal is that it is available in two models; Goose and Ducks. This specific one we are referring to here is the Goose model.
Coverage: This black code goose hunting choke tube is designed and manufactured to provide more coverage, so you can aim the goose right away. As per the details mentioned it provides good coverage up to seventy yards.
- Thoughtfully designed
- Covers up to 70 yards
- Perfect with loads less than 1550fps
- Suits all shot types, tungsten, steel, and lead
- Heat-treated, supernaturally resistant to corrosion and rust
- Specifically made for the goose
- Can not be used with ammunition containing flight control wad
2. Carlson’s 12 Gauge Waterfowl Choke Tube
This Carlson’s 12 gauge Waterfowl choke tube is being recommended here because this company has been continuously manufacturing and upgrading choke tubes for almost 30 years. The quality products and unmatched customer service have earned them the goose hunters’ blind trust.
Material: As the choke tubes should be, this Carlson’s 12 gauge waterfowl choke tube is engineered from heat-treated steel. The superior-grade steel promises longevity and optimal performance.
Warranty: Isn’t it a win-win when your favorite brand offers a quality product with a warranty? Well, if you agree, this Carlson’s 12 gauge waterfowl choke tube is backed by a lifetime warranty.
Limitations: Like everything else in this world, this Carlson’s choke tube does come with some limitations. It can not be used faster than 1550 FPS or steel shot size that is longer than BB.
Constrictions: This ultra-versatile goose choke tube is available in close, mid, and long-range. The close range is measured to be (. 715), mid-range(. 705), and long-range (. 695). This Carlson’s choke tube is made to serve up to 40 yards.
- Have 25% greater parallel sections
- Made to reduce flyer pellets
- Keep patterns together
- Comes in all close, mid, and long-range
- Serves up to 40 yards
- Knurled end ensures easy installations and easy removal
- Prevents barrel damage to a great extent
- Exceptionally corrosion resistant
- Contains chemical known to cause cancer and reproduction harm
3. Trulock Remington 12 Gauge Waterfowl Full Firearm Choke Tube
Trulock is famous for manufacturing choke tubes for all sorts of hunting activities including skeet shooting, clays turkey hunting, deer hunting, and trap shooting. From pattern plus, sporting clay, precision hunter, super waterfowl to tactical, Trulock Remington has choke tubes for all.
Material: All Trulock Remington choke tubes(including this Trulock Remington 12 Gauge Waterfowl Full Firearm Choke Tube) are manufactured from superior grade stainless steel. The high grade does not promise corrosion and rust resistance but also makes it useful for the long haul. This Choke Tube is also heat-treated to prevent wear and tear.
Warranty and Satisfaction guarantee: Trulock is known for putting customers’ satisfaction first. It offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee, if the customer is not satisfied, return or refund can be requested. Other than that, this Trulock Remington 12 gauge waterfowl choke tube is backed by a lifetime warranty.
Constrictions: This versatile Waterfowl choke tube is available in all possible goose hunting friendly constrictions; super waterfowl full choke. 030 constriction(F-BB shot sizes), super waterfowl full choke. 040 constriction(BB-3 shot sizes), super waterfowl full choke. 050 constriction(for 4 shot size and smaller).
- Manufactured using high-grade stainless steel
- Comes with a lifetime warranty and a 60-day customer satisfaction guarantee
- Can be returned or refunded in 60 days
- Available in. 030,. 040,. 050 constriction
- Offer supernatural results up to 40 yards
- Knurled end ensures superior grip
- Made for Remington shotgun
- Not listed with satisfactory information
4. Kick’s High 12 Gauge Waterfowl Choke Tube
Kick’s specializes in all sorts of hunting and competition choke tubes. The Kick’s choke tubes are smooth with no rings or blocks inhibiting the patterning. So, if you are looking for an affordable yet effective solution, this Kick’s 12 Gauge waterfowl choke tube would certainly not be a disappointment.
Material: This Kick’s 12 Gauge Waterfowl Choke Tube is 17-4 PH grade stainless steel. The superior-grade stainless steel promises breathtaking results, longevity, and supernatural rust and corrosion resistance.
Constriction size: The Kick’s 12 gauge waterfowl choke tube comes in three improved cylinder constriction sizes; modified, full, and extra full. All the above-mentioned constriction sizes are proven, performers.
Use: Besides goose hunting, this high flyer choke is perfect for upland game, dove, and quail hunting. All you have to do, place an order to get yourself recognized as a hunter.
Non-toxic: Unlike other choke tubes, this kick’s invention is 100% non-toxic. It does not carry around the risk of causing skin cancer or other such deadly diseases.
- Available in 10,12, and 20 gauge
- Blesses with reduced felt recoil and muzzle jump
- Engineered from superior grade 17-4 PH stainless steel
- Designed for upland game, goose, quail, and dove hunting
- Comes in modified, full, and extra full constriction sizes
- Made to last
- Improves pattern density by 20%
- Not recommended to be used with a federal black cloud
5. Browning 12 Gauge Goose Band Extended Choke Tube
Browning has been manufacturing and serving us with quality goose choke tubes since 1980. This choke manufacturer is known for providing extensive options to choose from. For optimal pattern, all you have to do is; find a Browning choke system that happens to support your shotgun and select the constrictions and design to start rolling as a goose hunter.
Material: Like every other goose choke tube shortlisted here, this Browning goose band choke tube is also manufactured from heavy-duty stainless steel. The high-grade stainless steel makes it handy, durable, and supernaturally effective in goose hunting.
Improved appearance, faster swing, and improved balance: This 12 gauge goose band extended choke tube is specifically designed and engineered for a superior hunting experience. The faster swing and improved balance make goose hunting even more fun.
Easy to use: The innovative banded brass seal compresses make this Browning 12 Gauge goose band extended choke tube much handy. It ensures easier installation and quick removal.
Ensures consistent dense patterns: The Browning 12 gauge goose band choke tube made for consistent dense patterns. The thin wall construction and the muzzle-end thread ensure a longer, more gradual taper that helps in achieving consistent dense patterns.
Chemical-free: Some choke tubes are chemically treated, no doubt, such choke tubes are quite effective for the said purposes but they can never be deemed safe for the environment. This Browning 12 gauge goose band extended choke tube is not toxic for humans and the environment.
- Faster swing, Improved appearance, and balance
- Non-toxic, safer for the user and the environment
- Handy, durable, and super affordable
- Ensures lasting hunting experience
- Offers consistent dense patterns
- Easier to install and remove
How To Find the Best Choke Tube for Goose Hunting?
Well, the choke tube that appears so simple requires a thorough investigation to suit the shotgun you have. Just so the choke tube shopping does not get overwhelming, here are some helpful choke tube shopping tips;
- Do not compromise
- Make sure the goose choke tube you are about to order is approved for steel or heavy shots
- Check if it’s specifically made for goose hunting
- How long can it cover? The choke tube must at least cover 40 yards or more
- Try finding the modified or improved modified choke tube as such choke tubes can be used for both pass shooting and decoying.
- Always purchase choke tubes in packs to save money and time you would spend on reordering
- Make sure the choke tube is not chemically treated, if it is you have to be careful as it can cause skin cancer or reproductive issues
- Read the reviews but do not solely rely on the review section
- Place an order for a goose choke tube that comes with a warranty
Finding the perfect choke tube sometimes gets almost impossible and a slight reckless behavior can get you delivered disappointment. As an experienced goose hunter, we have found Trulock Remington 12 Gauge Waterfowl Full Firearm Choke Tube and Browning 12 Gauge Goose Band Extended Choke Tube quite affordable, handy, and effective. It also depends on where you are hunting like practice goose costs a lot when trying with shady choke.
If you are new to goose hunting, we would suggest you go for the Trulock Remington 12 Gauge Waterfowl Full Firearm Choke Tube as it comes with a 60-day customer satisfaction guarantee.